If you are using JWT SSO in Sisense, the SSO might stop working after upgrading to version 6.7 and up.
The reason for that could be a missing "typ": "JWT" attribute in the JWT token's header.
To check if the header attribute is missing, retrieve the JWT token generated by your system and plug it into a JWT online debugger such as jwt.io.
Check the decoded header of the token to see whether the "typ": "JWT" exists or not.
Modify you SSO script to explicitly include the "typ": "JWT" in the generated JWT token.
How to Extract Your JWT Token
- Open your web berowser.
- Open the browser's developer tools panel, and click on the Network tab.
- Navigate to your Sisense web. Make sure you are longing in via SSO.|
- In the Developer tool Network panel, look for the jwt call and highlight it.
- Highlight the Request URL in the Headers tab, copy, and paste it into a text editor.
- The string between the "jwt=..." and "&return..." is your JWT token.