Please note: email notifications for build failures were introduced as part of the product in Sisense 6.5 release. Please consider upgrading to 6.5 or higher to take advantage of this functionality as a built-in feature.
This is a quick plugin to post a build status message to slack. (Source Included)
- Refer to https://www.sisense.com/documentation/pre-post-build-plugins/ for more information on Pre and Post Build Plugins
- Refer to https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks for more information on Slack Webhooks
- Build and Copy (or copy precompiled) SisensePostToSlack.dll to C:\Program Files\Sisense\Prism\server\plugins\ (Create the plugins folder if it does not exist.)
- Create a WebHooks integration in Slack at https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks
- Scroll to "Integration Settings"
- Note your Webhook URL for use in your configuration (below)
- Change any customization settings as you see fit. (I changed the Name to "Sisense-Webhook" and added an icon)
- Add a post execution plugin to your elasticube
- Rename the plugin to "SisensePostToSlack" (no quotes)
- Click the Edit icon to configure the plugin
- Add the following XML:
<Attributes WebhookURL="https://hooks.slack.com/services/YOURSLACKURL" SisenseURL="http://YOURSISENSEURL/app/settings#/elasticubes"></Attributes>
- Build your elasicube and verify that the plugin is posting as expected. If not, refer to your elasticube build logs and expand the "Finalizing Build" section for logs