Please note: email notifications for build failures were introduced as part of the product in Sisense 6.5 release. Please consider upgrading to 6.5 or higher to take advantage of this functionality as a built-in feature.
This is a quick plugin to post a build status message to slack. (Source Included)
- Refer to https://www.sisense.com/documentation/pre-post-build-plugins/ for more information on Pre and Post Build Plugins
- Refer to https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks for more information on Slack Webhooks
1) Build and Copy (or copy precompiled) SisensePostToSlack.dll to C:\Program Files\Sisense\Prism\server\plugins\ (Create the plugins folder if it does not exist.)
2) Create a WebHooks integration in Slack at https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks
2.a) Scroll to "Integration Settings"
2.b) Note your Webhook URL for use in your configuration (below)
2.c) Change any customization settings as you see fit. (I changed the Name to "Sisense-Webhook" and added an icon)
3) Add a post execution plugin to your elasticube
4) Rename the plugin to "SisensePostToSlack" (no quotes)
5) Click the Edit icon to configure the plugin
6) Add the following XML:
<Attributes WebhookURL="https://hooks.slack.com/services/YOURSLACKURL" SisenseURL="http://YOURSISENSEURL/app/settings#/elasticubes"></Attributes>
7) Build your elasicube and verify that the plugin is posting as expected. If not, refer to your elasticube build logs and expand the "Finalizing Build" section for logs