If you received the following error: Critical initialization error of type: PrismServiceError, the most common reasons and resolutions are as follows:
- You do not have enough free space on your C drive. Make sure you have at least 3GB of free space.
- The Sisense.Repository or Prism.Repository service is down and should be restarted.
- Your web server service (SisenseWebExpress if you are using IISExpress, or IIS if you are using IIS) is down and should be restarted.
For Web Express:
You can access the services from the Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools.
Select the service and click the Restart button.
For full IIS
- In your start menu type 'cmd'.
- Right click the shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator"
- In the command line, type: "iisreset" hit Enter and wait for the IIS server to restart.
- close the command prompt window.