In order to add custom tables and fields from Google Adwords follow theses few simple steps:
Step 1 - Find out what type of table you want to create according to the list of reports in the google analytics api reference:
Step 2 - Check which fields can be contained within this report type by browsing to google api reference, searching the relevant report type and look for all the fields you want to use to check if they are supported.
- Search for required report type
- Find the required fields using Ctrl+F
Step 3 - After making sure all wanted fields are supported within the report, verify the field type and that the fields can be contained with one another in the same report.
Step 4 - After you found the report type and fields list, you can start working on the tables and fields xml files.
NOTE - these files are created automatically the first time you connect to Google Adwords, if the files does not exist in your machine, please do the first two steps in clause 5.
- Start with the fields file
* Since v. 6.4 the resource folder has changed and you should move the files Adwords.Tables.xml or Adwords.Fields.xml to the following directory: %ProgramData%\Sisense\PrismServer\LocalRepository2.0\Resources\Google\Adwords
Open the file using notepad and look for all the fields you want to use. If you found all of the fields you don't need to change anything. If you can't find one of them you need to add it.
Create a commented headline <!-- Custom Fields--> and add all of the new fields under it so you can find them easily.
To add a new field you need to know the type and the class of it, you can see this in the reference.
Note that the field's behavior is mapped differently:
BEHAVIOR => CLASS
METRIC => measure
ATTRIBUTE => dimension
The field Id is the name of the field as it appears on the left side.
<field id="Clicks" name="Clicks" response_value="clicks" type="System.Long" size="" is_currency="false" class="measure"></field>
- Create the table in the tables file using the following format:
<table name="Test Table" report_type="Campaign" aggregation_type="Daily">
mapping to determine the report type:
- AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = Creative
- KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = Keyword
- CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = Campaign
- GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = Geographic
- SEARCH_QUERY_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = Query
- KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 0,
- AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 1,
- URL_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 2,
- ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 3,
- CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 4,
- ACCOUNT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 5,
- GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 6,
- SEARCH_QUERY_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 7,
- AUTOMATIC_PLACEMENTS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 8,
- CAMPAIGN_NEGATIVE_KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 9,
- CAMPAIGN_NEGATIVE_PLACEMENTS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 10,
- AD_EXTENSIONS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 11,
- DESTINATION_URL_REPORT = 12,
- SHARED_SET_REPORT = 13,
- CAMPAIGN_SHARED_SET_REPORT = 14,
- SHARED_SET_CRITERIA_REPORT = 15,
- CREATIVE_CONVERSION_REPORT = 16,
- CALL_METRICS_CALL_DETAILS_REPORT = 17,
- KEYWORDLESS_QUERY_REPORT = 18,
- KEYWORDLESS_CATEGORY_REPORT = 19,
- ACCOUNT_REACH_FREQUENCY_REPORT = 20,
- CAMPAIGN_REACH_FREQUENCY_REPORT = 21,
- ADGROUP_REACH_FREQUENCY_REPORT = 22,
- CRITERIA_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 23,
- CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 24,
- BUDGET_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 25,
- DISPLAY_KEYWORD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 26,
- PLACEHOLDER_FEED_ITEM_REPORT = 27,
- PLACEMENT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 28,
- CAMPAIGN_NEGATIVE_LOCATIONS_REPORT = 29,
- CAMPAIGN_LOCATION_TARGET_REPORT = 30,
- CAMPAIGN_AD_SCHEDULE_TARGET_REPORT = 31,
- CAMPAIGN_PLATFORM_TARGET_REPORT = 32,
- AUDIENCE_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 33,
- DISPLAY_TOPICS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = 34,
- UNKNOWN = 35
Set the time granularity you wish for this report by typing each one of the options daily\ Weekly\ Monthly\ Yearly in aggregation_type
Step 5 - Add the new table to Sisense.
ELACTICUBE MANAGER => ADD DATA=>Google Adwords
- type in credentials and auth code.
- Choose wanted site for the table to report on (all sites are selected by default).
- Choose the new table.