In this post we'll learn how to create a drill down hierarchy for Days-->Hours-->Minutes-->Seconds. A general quick solution, in case you need the drill mostly for pivot table visualizations, would be to use the Elasticube to model additional hour/minute/second columns - Add then create a hierarchy using those columns.
- In the Elasticube Manager, use the Add Custom Field to the table in the Elasticube which holds your timestamp.
- Create each field, make sure to set them to Type: Int, and in the editor - Use the GetHour(Date) / GetMinute(Date) / GetSecond(Date) to create each field accordingly (see example below).
- Build your cube.
- In the web browser, browse to http://localhost:8081 [or the port where Sisense is installed if other than the default].
- Go to Admin --> Elasticubes
- Choose your cube and press on the right hand side on "Manage Hierarchies" (Documentation: http://www.sisense.com/documentation/managing-drill-hierarchies/)
- Click on Add Hierarchy, and begin to specify your hierarchy. For example, in my case I chose : Days in OrderDate --> Hour --> Minute --> Second
- You can mark the "Always include with field" if you want this drill down to always appear when the Days in OrderDate field is chosen for a widget.
- Now, go back to the dashboard and create a new pivot table widget.
- Select for the rows - Days in OrderDate and whichever additional dimensions you would like to show.
- Choose some value measure for the values.
- Apply when done.
- Notice that when you right click on your Days in OrderDate field, you are now given the possibility to drill down to hours/minutes/seconds.