»»» Sisense Verison 7.1 and below: UPDATED 6/10/2016 «««
»»» Sisense Verison 7.2 and above: UPDATED 2/22/2019 «««
This Python script will demonstrate using the REST API for sharing dashboards and folders. There are two versions of this script, one is for Sisense version 7.1 and below. The newer script is for Sisense version 7.2 and above.
The script includes the following examples:
- Share a dashboard with a single user
- Share a dashboard with a group
- Share a folder with a single user
- Share a folder with a group
- Get the folder ID by the folder name
- Get a list of IDs of the dashboards in a folder
- REST API Key token (see here on how to obtain your token Sisense REST API)
- Python installed on your system.
- If setting up on Sisense 7.1 and below - install Python 2.7 on your system
- If setting up on Sisense 7.2 and above - install Python 3.7 on your system
- Admin permissions
- Download the appropriate script based on the Sisense version you are running:
To configure the script run on your system You will need to modify the following settings in the script.
|LOG_FILE_NAME||Log file path|
|Admin email address|
Running the Script
First, edit the script's main() function and uncomment the calls you want to use.
The available calls are:
|share_dashboard_with_user(<user name>, <dashboard id>)||
Share a dashboard with a single user.
|share_dashboard_with_group(<group name>, <dashboard id>)||Share a dashboard with a group.|
|share_folder_with_user(<user name>, <folder name>)||Share a folder with a single user.|
|share_folder_with_group(<group name>, <folder name>)||Share a folder with a group.|
|get_folder_id(<folder name>)||Get the folder ID by the folder name.|
|get_dashboards_in_folder(<folder name>)||Get a list of IDs of the dashboards in a folder.|
Then, from a command line window run the following command:
C:\>python <path to script>\updatesSharesAPI.py
Python scripts attached below.
On Sisense 7.1 and below: updatesSharesAPI-7-1-below.zip
On Sisense 7.2 and above: updateSharesAPI-7-2-above.zip