Sisense 7.0 introduced a new web-based ElastiCube Manager ("ECM 2.0") that can be accessed by clicking the "Data" tab in the Sisense web application.
For general information, see https://documentationv7.sisense.com/getting-started/.
Many customers have reported issues with loading the Data tab. This page covers those issues and how to resolve them.
Please note, these instructions are geared towards organizations on Sisense Version 7.1. Organizations are less likely to run into these issues on Sisense Version 7.2 and higher.
If you do run into similar issues to these on Sisense Version 7.2 and higher, please create a ticket with our Support Team to investigate.
500 Error Response
Customers may see error messages with a 500 response status:
Error text: "Network error: Network request failed with status 500 - "" Please contact your system administrator."
1. Open C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\vnext\config\default.yaml
Locate the db_security section:
2. Open C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\ECMNext\GraphQL\src\config\default.yaml
Locate the mongo section:
3. Review the Mongo keys in each document for any discrepancies.
-db_security.mongoAppPassword corresponds to mongo.password
-db_security.mongoAppKey corresponds to mongo.key
-db_security.mongoAppIV corresponds to mongo.IV
If there are differences between the two files, copy the values from the default.yaml in Step 1 to the default.yaml in Step 2.
In the end, the fields in each file should match (please note your MongoDB keys will be different from the screenshots).
4. Save the changes in C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\ECMNext\GraphQL\src\config\default.yaml
5. Restart IIS by running 'iisreset' as an administrator in the Command Prompt
Note: This will not fix all cases - our developers are currently investigating other cases of the error.
400 Error Response
Customers may see 40x response status with error messages such as the following:
Error text: read ECONNRESET
Error text: write EPROTO 101057795:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol:openssl\ssl\s23_clnt.c:797:
Please contact your system administrator.
Error text: 403 - ""
1. Open C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\ECMNext\GraphQL\src\config\default.yaml and locate the sisense section:
By default, the values will be:
port: 8081 <---- The port from the installation
# protocol: 'https'
2. If you are accessing Sisense over html and a different port, or https and a fixed host name in IIS, update the section accordingly.
Sample bindings in IIS screenshot:
location: 'example.sisense.com' <---- Your domain
port: 443 <---- The access port
protocol: 'https' <---- https procotol
Sample bindings in IIS:
port: 8089 <---- The custom port
# protocol: 'https' <---- https procotol
Please be sensitive to syntax/spacing, as yaml files can be unforgiving. There should be two left padding spaces for a subsection (for example "[space][space]location")
3. Restart IIS by running 'iisreset' as an administrator in the Command Prompt
As of Sisense 7.1.1, the new web-based ElastiCube Manager is not supported with high-availability (HA) configurations.
Further issues with page loads
Please review stdout/stderr logs from C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\ECMNext\GraphQL\iisnode.
The legacy desktop application ElastiCube Manager is still available and contains the same functionality as the web-based ElastiCube Manager.