The Sisense Google Adwords connector enables quick and easy access to Google Adwords tables exposed by their API. Periodically Google updates their Adwords API and deprecates older versions.
As of July 23, 2018, version v201710 of the Google Adwords API has reached ‘sunset’ status which means that it is no longer supported by Google. This older version was leveraged by Sisense V7.1.3 and earlier and will need to be upgraded.
Clients wishing to use the Google Adwords connector will need to upgrade the connector using the following process on each build node. The entire process should take about 10 minutes.
- Download the latest Google Ads connector.
- Stop the Sisense.CLRConnectorsContainer service.
(Dashboard users will not be impacted. However new data can not be loaded and the build process will not run while the upgrade process is taking place.)
- Back up the following directory:
- Delete the contents of the Adwords directory:
- Extract the downloaded files to the GoogleAdwords directory.
- Start Sisense.CLRConnectorsContainer service.
If you encounter any issues, please contact Sisense Support.