Part of having a successful BI tool is having your data refreshed on the time you need it. To ensure your builds are working as expected, you can follow the steps provided below.
Step 1 - Setting Up a Build Alert
- Follow the documentation of Sisense Pulse Creating build alerts. Build alerts are created from Sisense and are sent following an ElastiCube build.
Step 2 - Build Alert
- In case of a build alert, an alert will pop up letting you know what cube had failed and when
Step 3 - But now what??? how do I know why it failed?
- Go to the Data tab where you will see the cube that failed and open the schema of the cube
- Click on option > View Latest Logs
- This will show you the stage/table it failed on and the exception message
- In our case, the build failed due to a missing file used in table1 table
Step 4 - Can't understand the exception message
- Look at the Build Errors Troubleshooting to better understand the build mechanism and errors.
- Still can't figure out what went wrong. Submit a ticket on Support.sisense.com don't forget to add the following details -
- Name of cube
- Exception message
- Did the cube ever built successfully
- Time of failure and your time zone