In your managed service Sisense machine there is an FTP site which will allow you to transfer your files to the Sisense server.
How to connect
Before we start, make sure your firewall allows traffic to the Sisense machine on port 990 and 4000-4100.
- Hostname - This will be your domain name for the Sisense Machine Ex. mysite.sisense.com
- Port - 990
- encryption - implicit SSL
- User name - your cloud user Ex. cloud\user
- Password - your cloud password
As a default, we share 5 folders -
Customer Data – D:\Customer Data – This folder will be used mainly for Excel and CSV files you wish to import on the Elasticube Manager (some servers use C:\Customer Data)
DotNetContainer_Connectors - C:\Program Files\Sisense\DataConnectors\DotNetContainer\Connectors – Main use to create and manage REST Connectors
JVMContainer_Connectors - C:\Program Files\Sisense\DataConnectors\JVMContainer – Modify XML files to Additional Web connectors such as Facebook
PrismWeb_plugin – C:\program files\Sisense\app\plugins – Add and Manage your Web Plugins and add-ons
PrismWeb_Resources - C:\program files\Sisense\app\Resources– For rebranding and additional images to use on the Web App
Server_plugins - C:\Program Files\Sisense\Prism\Server\Plugins – Pre and Post plugins for the elasticube manager
Templates – C:\program files\Sisense\app\galaxy-service\src\features\emails\templates - Modify email templates. In case of making a change in this folder please notify your Cloud administrator so changes can be tracked and not break during an upgrade.
Jdbcdriver - C:\ProgramData\Sisense\DataConnectors\jdbcdrivers – Enter new JDBC connectors – Learn more
Example connection using FileZilla
- Enter your information and click quick connect
Once login you will see the following folders:
- You can drag and drop the file from your File Explorer or Finder
- For plugins you will need to download them locally > unzip > move the unzipped folder into PrismWeb_plugins FTP directory
- To learn how to use the Excel/CSV files in Customer data read this link
If you wish to have access to any other folder, or having issues connecting and using the application please submit a ticket on Support.sisense.com.