Your cloud backend application (Rdweb, FTP and restart services) are limited only to whitelisted IP's to keep your environment highly secured. In case you don't own a static IP or working out of the office you will not be able to use the backend application in a straight forward way.
The best option will be to request your IT team to route the request to your cloud Sisense server so it will use the office IP.
In case this is not possible, by request we will spin up a "proxy" machine (Jump Machine) for you and provide you a VPN, so your access to the cloud apps back end will be as followed.
1. Connect to the VPN - MAC / Windows
2. Use the remote desktop app to connect to the provided proxy server IP.
Connect and install VPN -
- First, open the Terminal as admin and run this command:
sudo chmod 776 /Users
- Uninstall any old Java versions from your computer, download and install the latest Java SE Development Kit (JDK)
- Ensure Safari is not blocking popups by clicking Safari > Preferences then navigating to the Websites tab. Select "Pop-up Windows" and then set the site to "Allow":
- Open Safari and goto https://nydcvpn.sisense.com.
- Log in using your VPN credentials
- Click on "Connect" under Native Application
- Click on the link in the new pop-up window to download the Check Point Mobile agent:
- Once you download the agent install it by double clicking it:
- Restart your mac
- Click on "Trust server" when you're prompted with this screen:
- put in your computer password when asked to install the "SNX_Install_Tool":
- After this is installed you should see Connected under the Status line:
- Download Check Point Capsule VPN from Microsoft Store
- Extract and Install
- Create the VPN connection profile by going into your network settings and adding a new VPn connection:
- VPN Provider - CheckPoint Capsule VPN
- Server name nydcvpn.sisense.com
- Provided user name and password
- Connect to the VPN you created