Some dashboards tend to be more popular than others.
This can be correct on the user level or at a group/company level.
In this article, we will look to create a personalized dashboard navigation landing page that shows:
- The logged user's most popular dashboards.
- Most popular dashboards on the company level.
Consider further enhancing the logic presented in this article.
1) To address the need, we will first need to learn how to implement a landing page - Follow this article to learn more on that.
Next, we will need to use 'Usage Analytics' to determine a dashboard's popularity by the total number of events against that dashboard.
2) Make sure 'Usage Analytics' is enabled through the Admin.
3) Download and build the attached 'Usage Analytics Landing Page' smodel. Usage Analytics Landing Page.smodel
In the model, we introduced another table (Popular Dashboards) that introduces an aggregation of all the events on the user, dashboard level.
Also, we have added one more aggregation on the dashboard level with a dummy user.
The reasoning behind it is we will use data-security where we will give a logged user permissions to see:
- His own records - Retrieving his popular dashboards
- The dummy user records - Retrieving the most popular dashboards on a company level.
4) Add data-security rules to the model that enables the user to see his own UserID/UserName from DimUsers table + UserId/UserName '-1'.
5) Find the attached BloX template that introduced action buttons to jump to a specific dashboard.
6) Import the attached dashboard example NavigationDashboard (1).dash.
You can learn more on how to customize BloX in the following documentation page: https://documentation.sisense.com/latest/addons/sisenseblox.htm