Download: Zoomable Sunburst
This article explains how to install and configure the Zoomable Sunbrust widget. This widget extends the functionality of the built-in Sunburst Widget by providing the ability to zoom in to specific Arc.
The Zoomable Sunburst allows users to Zoom In on a specific category by clicking on a specific Arc. Clicking on the center circle will Zoom Out. This widget also adds improved the ToolTip and Summary window that will display details on the Category Name, Value & Size. There is also an option to display interactive breadcrumb trail to helps emphasize the sequence, so that it is easy for a first-time user to understand what they are seeing. And Lastly, there is an option for the widget to automatically create the color palette when users changes the color of a single item within a category.
How to Install and Configure the plugin
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the "Zommable Sunburst" should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 - Create the "Zoomable Sunburst" Widget
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the "Zoomable sunburst" plugin from the drop down list. For this you will need to specify the Categories and the Value we are summing. For the below example, we have added the following Categories: "Full Name", "CategoryName", "Region", Year Customer Added", and we are calculating the Total Sales.
The widget also offers the following design options:
- Arc Size - determine how the size of each slice will be calculate (evenly or based on value)
- Breadcrumbs - turn on/off the breadcrumb trail. There is also and additional option to display the value or contribution for each breadcrumb
- Summary Table - turn on/off the display of the summary table when hovering over a specific arc. The table will display in the header the contribution and contribution to parent and will detail the Categories, Value and Size as seen below:
- Tooltip - turn on/off Tooltip when hovering over a specific arc. The tooltip window will clearly display the Category Name and Value in a table as seen below:
- Categories Auto Color - turn on/off the ability for the widget to automatically create the color palette when a user changes the color for a specific category Item. If On, changing the color of any of the items for a specific Category will automatically generate a palette for the specific Category
- Click on a specific Arc will zoom in on the selected Arc
- Clicking on the center circle will Zoom Out of the specific Arc to the Parent Arc
- This widget calculate the percent of total by taking the sum of the underlying items
- 20-Dec-2016 Initial release
- 19-Apr-2017 - Fix FormatNumber function to use prism.$injector
- Create the Tooltip as part of the main DIV element as it
wasn't displayed for some browsers
- 10-Nov-2017 - Add the option to display arc size based on values or evenly distributed
- 22-Feb-2018 - fix styler controls for version 7.x
Please sign in to leave a comment.