Version : 1.1
Download: Scatter Plot Matrix
This article will explain how to import a Scatter Plot Matrix Chart from D3 as a plugin in Sisense.
A Scatter Plot displays the correlation between a pair of variables. Given a set of n variables, there are n-choose-2 pairs of variables, and thus the same numbers of scatter plots. These scatter plots can be organized into a matrix, making it easy to look at all pairwise correlations in one place. In general, a Scatter-plot Matrix neatly organizes all the pairwise correlation information. See below:
Each small chart shows the correlation between the given pair of variables (the name of the variable are listed in the each diagonal matrix, and the pair of variables are derived by the intersections of x and y variables)
Step 1 - Add the Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the Scatter Plot Matrix chart should show up in the list of options
Step 2 - Create the Chart
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the Scatter Plot Matrix Chart from the chart types menu. Pick a Category, and then pick 2 or more variables in the value dimension (please note that the widget can take a maximum of 4 variables).
Step 3 - Format The Chart
There are a few formatting options available for this chart, listed below.
- Show Tooltips – this option will display a tooltip when the user hovers the mouse of a specific point
- Show filter panel – this option will display the filter panel allowing users to filter the dashboard based user selection (or Reset selection)
- D3 Scatter Plot Matrix – Github project that this chart is based off
- Scatter Plot Matrix Wikipedia
- The chart allows the user to make selection of points in a specific matrix and will display the same selection in all the other matrix. This is done by click on a specific matrix and dragging the mouse across the matrix. See below:
- Downloading the widget to an image will save the background color as black
- 10/03/17 - fixed a CSS issue with disappearing menus and buttons. Tested on 7.0
- 02-Feb-2018 - fix styler controls for version 7.x
Please sign in to leave a comment.