Deprecated - Please use the Generic JDBC Connector which comes bundled with the installation.
JDBC - Java Data Base Connectivity is a standard via which Java Applications communicate to Data Sources using a standardized SQL/RDBMS Schema like abstraction.
Note: Use this connector only if you cannot use the native connector or ODBC driver for your data source.
This connector has the following drivers already embedded into it.
MS SQL Server (sqljdbc42.jar)
DB2 AS400 (jt400.jar)
DB2 Universal Type4 Driver (db2jcc4.jar)
Amazon Athena (AthenaJDBC42_2.0.2.jar)
Every driver will have a URL.
The JDBC driver will manifest itself as a .jar file (Jar - Java Archive)
Every driver will have a fully qualified driver name.
1. Download the zip file > unzip > place in folder.
2. Stop the following Windows services
3. Start the following Windows services
4. The connector shows up in the Elasticube Manager as JDBC Driver
5. Enter the JDBC URL. The driver will be automatically detected and loaded.
May 30, 2017 with enhancements and fixes.
May 07, 2018 with a new connector.
July 27, 2018 with the latest Athena JDBC Driver and misc bug fixes
Aug 08, 2018 with the presto JDBC driver
1. Windows Authentication has not been implemented.
2. If you wish to connect to a JDBC driver other than those listed above. You will need to use a tool like 7Zip to extract driver jar file and embed it into the connector jar file com.sisense.connectors.jdbc.Jay2D2DB2T2C2P2.jar.
Contact the community for more help.
3. This connector is currently only available on the desktop Elasticube Manager.
Please sign in to leave a comment.