Jira provides a framework to pull data from via a REST API.
In this forum post we will show how to create a Custom REST Connector to pull information from Jira to the Sisense Elasticube using basic header authentication. You can find information about the Jira REST API here:
This connector is applicable to Sisense 6.5.2 and up.
We are going to use the endpoint "/rest/api/2/search" that you can find more information about here:
1. Download the connector files from this location.
2. Copy the folder REST.Jira.Connector containing both, the config.json and Sisense.Connectors.RestConnector.dll files to the following location where Sisense is installed:
3. Create a token in 64base according to you user credentials in the following format:
username:password You can use any online service encoder to set the base to 64. I've used https://www.base64encode.org/
4. In the config.json file, add to the parameter Base the url of your Jira server
5. In the config.json file, add to the parameter Path the path for the search query. In this case keep "/rest/api/2/search"
6. In the config.json file, add to the section QueryParameters the criteria of your search. In the example of the documentation in Jira, we are looking for all issues assigned to fred. You can set any criteria that you want.
7. Choose the fields that you want to pull from each issue. (In our example we are bringing only id and description.)
8. Make sure to add the same QueryParameters in the PagingConfig section of the config file.
9. Restart the services Sisense.CLRConnectorsContainer and ElasticubeManagementService.
10. In the Elasticube Manager, click on "Add Data" and you should see "Jira" under the Web Services section of the menu.
Please sign in to leave a comment.