The Sisense Custom REST Connector is a powerful framework which allows you to programmatically connect to open RESTful connectors and import data into your ElastiCube Manager. Using the Custom REST Connector, you can create custom connectors to many popular data sources accessible over HTTP.
However, creating such connector can be a quite complex task, and demands high technical ability.
In order to make this process easier, we're happy to share with you the REST connectors GUI!
This tool provides a GUI for creating custom REST connectors, which contains all of the sections and fields relevant for building a custom REST connector, and also packages it for you once you've finished building it. Once you're done, all you need to do is extract the zip file you've just created to the Sisense connectors folder and you're good to go!
Each field has a description tooltip explaining what it should contain, but for more thorough information, please check our official REST connectors documentation.
This is how it looks like:
We hope that this tool will make the process of creating custom REST connectors easier, and will help you to get it up and running much quicker.
- If you don't have node.js installed on your computer, please download it from here: https://nodejs.org/en/download/
- Download the REST connectors GUI from here. *If you don't have access to Google Drive, please contact your customer success manager.
- Extract the content of the zip file to a path of your liking.
- go to ~\RESTUI_FinalVersion (~ stands for the path you extracted to)
- open cmd window there and run "npm install" and then "npm start", for example:
- Once these processes finish running, go to http://localhost:8000/restui.html
- That's it! After these steps you should be ready to start working on your custom REST connector.
- If you're facing issues with installing Node.js, please follow these instructions.
- You might need to create the bash_profile file manually.
- If you run into "permission denied errors" when running npm install/npm start, you will probably need to install the specific component this error is thrown for manually (here's an example)
**Please do take in note that this tool provides only a GUI for the REST connectors framework, and does not provide any additional feature. Also, you can still use the REST connectors framework without using this tool.
**This is a first release of this plugin, which has been tested on a limited amount of cases, so it still might have some issues/cases which it does not cover. We'd be happy to receive any feedback about it and will do our best efforts to improve it along the way.
Please sign in to leave a comment.