Download: Formatted Time
This plugin adds additional functionality on how one can display duration and date/time stamps in an Sisense indicator.
- Seconds to Duration takes the calculated integer and converts it to duration in hours, minutes, seconds, etc.
Use Case: Say we are connecting to Salesforce, looking at leads and wanting to display how long it took between the created date and the last modified date in time. This will allow you to display value in seconds as time(HH:MM, HH:MM.SS, etc).
- Integer to date converts a datetime integer value in the EC to display date and time in various formats. (can apply min/max formula to the integer)
Use Case: I have a dashboard to analyze website perfomance and would like to dispaly in an indicator the last value analyzed. The plugin would allow me to display the max time(latest value) in my desired date format (March 30 2017 3:03 PM)
1- Install Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder.
If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder.
2- Prepare Data
- Seconds to Duration: The formatting function will support any integer value. It could be a sum of seconds or Seconds difference between two date/time stamps.
- Integer to date: In the elasticube convert the Date/Time stamp to an integer date/time value. Please use below function.
10000000000 * getyear([Date]) + 100000000 *getmonth([Date]) + getday([Date])*1000000 +gethour([Date])*10000 +getminute([Date])*100+getsecond([Date])
3- Choose format
- Create an indicator
- For Seconds to Duration calculate the seconds you would like to display with a formula
In options menu select desired Format from the integer to date group.
- In options menu select desired Format from the seconds to duration group.
- For Integer to date apply min or max to the Integer as your formula.
- In options menu select desired Format from the integer to date group.
- Many thanks to Aryeh, tak and Ronen for the support in putting this together.
V22- fixed to work with 6.6.1 and export to PDF
V23- added support to format min/max on gauge as well as corrected some formatting bugs
V27- Adjusted to data structure changes in 6.7 and corrected a nasty bug.
V27 - Fixed Export to PDF bug in version 7
Please sign in to leave a comment.