Download: Second Value to Cartesian Charts
Today, when you create one of the following charts: Column Chart, Line Chart, Area Chart or Bar Chart, you can add X-Axis, values and Break By. When you set a Break By, there can be only one value presented.
Sometimes it is needed to present more than one value using a break by, for example, showing revenue and quantity divided into years for each age group:
Using the below plugin, you will be able to present 2 values when using a break by.
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, create it. After unzipping the file, restart the web server.
Step 2 - Create The Chart
1. Create a new cartesian chart. This chart can be one of the following: Column Chart, Line Chart, Area Chart or Bar Chart,
2. Add X-Axis item, Break By item and two Values items.
3. Set the wanted series type for each value, and determine rather the value should be presented on the right y-axis or on the left y-axis*.
4. Save the widget
* The second value to present shows as disabled but it's settings are saved, so in order to change y-axis settings/ series type setting:
1. Enable the value item.
2. Change the y-axis/series type settings
3. Set the value again as disable.
Step 3 - Set the plugin to the widget via the widget script
Edit the widget script with the below script:
prism.SecondBreakByToLineChart(widget, 1, "line");
The index of the second value to add. Indexes starts from 0: The first item inside the values panel has index 0, the second value has index 1 etc.
Default index is 1.
The type of the new value to draw. Available types are:
line, spline, area, areaspline, column or bar.
The default type is taken from the value type itself (within the value menu).
* The plugin works only for column/bar/area/line charts
*After changing the widget type, please click "Apply" and refresh the page
*The second value will be presented as "disable" inside the values panel.
*The plugin does not support the "stack 100" design.
*The plugin works does not support 0 values for categories or x-axis.
Please sign in to leave a comment.