This plugin allows you to run a command against a SQL database before or after an ElastiCube build. This is useful for invoking ETL routines in a SQL data warehouse that extract and transform data to prepare it for loading into Sisense.
- Copy the DLL to “%ProgramFiles%\Sisense\Prism\Server\Plugins”. (Create the “Plugins” folder if it doesn’t exist.)
- Ensure the DLL can run by opening its file properties and clicking the “Unblock” button from the “General” tab of file properties, if it exists.
- Restart ElastiCubeManagementService using services.msc to ensure the DLL is loaded by Sisense.
- Open ElastiCube Manager
- Open the “Pre & Post Execution Plugins” dialog from the “ElasiCube” menu
- Add a plugin and name it “ExecuteSqlCommand”
- Configure arguments for the plugin like this:
<Attributes connectionString="Server=X;Database=X;User ID=X;Password=X;" commandText="exec [dbo].[ExtractAndTransform]" commandTimeout="300" />
- commandTimeout - Optional, defaults to 30, units in seconds.
- providerName - Optional, defaults to “System.Data.SqlClient”, options include “System.Data.Odbc”, “System.Data.OracleClient”, and others.
Please sign in to leave a comment.