This plugin registers every page view from your Sisense instance to your Google Analytics account. https://analytics.google.com
- You must specify your Google Analytics "tracking ID" by editing the main.js file.
- By default, page tracking includes cross session / device tracking using the page viewers' Sisense internal user id. This can be disabled by editing the main.js file.
This plugin is a wrapper for analytics.js. Review the Google Analytics developer guide for full details. https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs
If you have multiple environments such as development I have found two approaches to segregate tracking information.
- Utilize a different Google Analytics "tracking ID" for each environment
- Update the Sisense branding "pageTitle" value to include a suffix which indicates the environment. For example "My Analytics Application - DEV". This would allow you to segment the page view within Google Analytics. This requires the option/license to brand your Sisense installation.
- Download the plugin here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1_g9vkPGQHtcGtwbEgwajAtUzg
- Extract googleAnalytics_v20170810.zip to your Sisense installations plugin directory. This usually located "C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins"
- Modify the main.js file as directed in the Configuration Section above. By default, this file is located at "C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\googleAnalytics\main.js".
- Restart IIS to register the new plugin.
This plugin has been tested with Sisense version 126.96.36.19902. This plugin comes with no warranty and you use it at your own risk. If you have issues, share you experiences on this forum for community support.
20170822 - Replace ajax call to get internal user id with prism variable reference
20170810 - Initial Release
Please sign in to leave a comment.