Download: Advanced Custom Filter
This article explains how to create custom filters as a plugin in Sisense.
Sisense comes with a set of native/robust filter options, but these are always displayed on the right side of the dashboard. If you wanted to create your own set of custom filters, this plugin shows an example of how this could look.
This is an extension of the existing custom filter here and supports multiple selections, single selection, searching box and it's in the style of the Native Sisense filter.
Download the attached .zip file.
Extract the .zip file into the following path: "[Sisense installation path]\PrismWeb\Plugins". If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder does not exist, please create it.
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select Advanced Filter from the widget types menu. Pick a dimension you want to filter against, and you should see a filter menu displayed.
By default, the items that show up in the menu will not be filtered by any dashboard filters that are set. Even if you enable the dashboard filters from the widget editor's Filters pane. This is by design since we don’t want our items to be affected and we do want it to act as a real filter.
Back on the dashboard, you can use the new filter menu to make a selection and the filters will be added automatically to the dashboard. This works whether you are showing the filters pane or not, and with embedded solutions.
- The plugin is supported with all kind of data - text, numbers, dates
- The HTML generated for the filter is defined in filter-template.html
- Widget filters doaffect the items list and filter it.
- Viewers are restricted to toggle between multi and single selections - if you share a dashboard with a single selection, then that’s what the viewer will see. (please note that if the viewer is still able to toggle it from the filter panel - it will change also the widget since they are connected.
- Dashboard’s filters are not affecting the item list of the widget (as already mentioned, the widget acts as a standalone filter.
- When exporting the entire dashboard to PDF/image - the filter widget is exported closed (still showing selection in the title)
- The filter window is not closed after each selection - that is to allow multi-selection easily without open the window each time.
- December 28th, 2017 - Added support for cascading filters.
Please sign in to leave a comment.