This article explains how to import a Word Cloud Chart from D3 as a plugin in Sisense. There have been improvements in the rendering and added functionality for rotation of words.
Word Clouds are a common way to show how frequently words or phrases were used. While the typical use case for this to view trending content, it could be used to show any dimension on a scale.
Note: When using the Word Cloud for open ended survey questions you should also use the Sentence Cloud plugin.
Download the plugin from the provided link (unzip it) and place it in the plugins folder.
If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder.
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the Word Cloud from the widget menu. Pick a dimension to use as categories, and a metric to use to determine the size of each word.
- Shape - The cloud can be formed in the shape of an oval cloud or a rectangle.
- Font - This font face to use.
- Font Scaling Algorithm - The sizing Algorithm.
- Font Size(New) - A factor to tune the scaling of the font sizes. Reduce the scale if you notice that the top occurring words are missing.
- Word Rotation (New) - Determines how to Rotate the Words.
- UPDATED May 27, 2017 - Fixed for version 6.6.1
Please sign in to leave a comment.