Download: Pareto Chart Plugin
This article explains how to install and configure the Pareto Chart widget as seen below.
The Pareto chart is named after Italian sociologist, economist and philosopher Vilfredo Federico Damaso Pareto. It contains both a bar chart and a line graph where individual values are represented in descending order by bars, and a cumulative percentage is represented by the line.
It allows readers to quickly identify the most important of a number of factors, causes or defects. The percentage line can help to identify how much the top N factors contribute to the total up to each point.
How to Install and Configure the plugin
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the "Pareto Chart" widget should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 - Create the "Pareto Chart" Widget
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the "Pareto Chart" widget from the drop down list. For this you will need to specify the Categories and a Value fields. For the below example, we have added the following: Categories from "Category Name" field, and "Value" from the "Total Sales" field.
As a result the above chart will display Sales broken down by Categories sorted in descending order, and a cumulative percentage represented in a line chart.
The widget also offers the following design options:
- Gradient Fill - toggle on/off using gradient fill affect to color each bin
- Bar Border - toggle on/off of drawing a border around each Bin
- Show Tooltips - toggle on/off showing tooltips
- Show 80% Line - toggle on/off showing the 80% line (this is known as the 80/20 rule), which states the 80%, which states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes
- 11-May-2017 - Initial release
- 18-May-2017 - Fix color issue after mouse out when 2 or more Pareto charts are in the same dashboard
- 02-21-2018 - Fix styler controls to work with 7.x
Please sign in to leave a comment.