Download: Quadrants Chart
This article will explain how to change a Scatter Chart to a Four Quadrants Chart. It is an extension to the existing Scatter Chart and can only be applied to that widget.
The Four Quadrants chart can be used as a good decision making tool as it helps in categorizing your data according to two metrics. You can enhance your chart by adding two more measures as size and color of the points on the chart.
Analyzing different markets (countries) according to the number of customers and the number of competitors of our company.
We can add the Quadrant option to be able to categorize the different markets and also to analyze according to different measures.
It is also possible to add different measures to the chart, such as revenue or cost for each country, that will be shown by the different colors and sizes of the points in the chart.
STEP 1 - DOWNLOAD AND EXTRACT THE ENCLOSED FOLDER IN THE PLUGINS FOLDER:
C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins, if the "plugins" folder is not there, please create it.
If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder.
STEP 2 - CREATING THE QUADRANT CHART
- Create a new widget and set the type to 'Scatter Chart'.
- Add numeric x-axis and y-axis fields.
**The Origin is set to (0,0) and cannot be changed. In case your fields contain positive values only, they will need to be normalized to (-a,a).
- Inside the design panel, enable the 'QUADRANTS' option.
- Design the quadrants:
- Insert titles to each quadrant.
- Change the title's color (optional)
- Change the divider's color (optional).
STEP 3 - ADDING ADDITIONAL MEASURES TO THE CHART
- Add default measures for color and size in the left panel.
- After the default measures were added, you can add additional measures to choose from in the right panel. You can add multiple measures.
- Click apply to save the widget
STEP 4 - DIFFERENT OPTIONS FOR THE WIDGET
- You can change the default measures for the color \ size fields to each of the pre-selected measures from the drop down list .
- Zoom in by mouse selection.
- The quadrant origin is set to (0,0) and cannot be changed.
- The color fields for the dividers or the titles can be set to hex color (#456532 etc.) or to text (red, black etc.).
- The switch color/size option and the zoom in option are not possible on widget edit mode.
- Dashboard pdf file does not include the switcher color/size panel of the widget.
08/23/2016 - plugin updated. Added fix - allows to remove "Color Fields" items in the widget design panel.
09/04/2016 - plugin updated. Added fix - 1. Slow when changing color/size fields.
2.Sometimes the dropdowns are not clickable
14/05/2017 - plugin updated. Added option to set the position of the quadrants dividers: manual, median or average. Support version 6.6.0
08/01/2017 - plugin updated. Added support for v6.7 - 7.0.
Fixed issue with dashboard filters and selection filters.
09/10/2018 - Fixed for V7.1
Please sign in to leave a comment.