The Color Manager plugin, originally by Tommy, is a great plugin which allows you to define specific colors for specific categories (and not to values, which is the way Sisense works by default). Furthermore, the colors you specify for a category are preserved across all widgets in the dashboard.
A detailed description of this wonderful plugin can be found here:
In this post I will introduce an improved version of this plugin, named "Enhanced Color Manager".
The new plugin is based on the original code by Tommy, but adds support for Bar / Column charts with 2 categories (which the original plugin did not support).
To install the new plugin:
- Simply download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder.
If you already have the original "ManageColors" plugin installed, you must replace the contents of the original "ManageColors" plugin with the contents of the new file. You cannot have both the new and the old version of this plugin installed at the same time.
2. Once plugin is installed, follow the same instructions as in the post for the original plugin, including:
a. Defining the colors in by editting the C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\manageColors\colorDictionary.js file
b. Adding the following code to your dashboard script:
All of the above steps are explained in detail in the original post.
Now, with the Enhanced Color Manager plugin, you can use 2 categories in your Bar / Column charts!
If your chart contains 2 categories, then the plugin will now apply the colors you define in the color dictionary as follows:
- If a color for either the 1st or 2nd category is found in the dictionary - it will be used.
- If a color is found for BOTH first and secondary categories, then the color for the secondary category is used.
- If the dictionary does not specify a color for either categories: a color from the dashboard palette is used.
I Hope you find this useful!
Please sign in to leave a comment.