Download: Collapsible Tree Node Plugin
This article explains how to install and configure the Collapsible Tree Node widget as seen below.
Tree data structures and representations are sometimes essential to show hierarchical organizations of data and concepts.
It allows users to visualize hierarchical data set very easily with the ability to drill into the hierarchy up or down.
How to Install and Configure the plugin
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the "Collapsible Tree" widget should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 - Create the "Collapsible Tree" Widget
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the "Collapsible Tree" widget from the drop down list. For this you will need to specify one or more Categories and a Value field. For the below example, we have added the following Categories: Full Name, Region Description, Category Name, Product Name and "Value" from the "Total Sales" field.
As a result the above widget will display a tree structure starting at a high level from Full Name and will allow to drill down into the lowest level which is Product Name. You can rearrange the categories order to change the Tree drill path.
The widget also offers the following design options:
- Enable Zoom & Drag - toggle on/off the ability to zoom and drag
- Auto collapse Unselected - toggle on/off the feature to auto collapse all tree nodes except the selected one
- Highlight Path - toggle on/off the ability to display the drill path from the selected node all the way up to the root node
- Show Tooltip - toggle on/off showing tooltips when mouse is over a specific node
- Orientation - this will allow designer to specify the orientation of the Tree object (Left-to-Right, Top-to-Bottom, Bottom-to-Top, Right-to-Left)
The widget also allow the user to format the Text & Color of the "Value" measure field.
- Tree Structure, Wikipedia
- 20-Jun-2017 - Initial release
- 20-Jun-2017 - Add the ability to format the color of the last node of the tree
- 21-Feb-2018 - Fix styler control for version 7.x
Please sign in to leave a comment.