This article explains how to install and configure the Sparkline widget as seen below.
A Sparkline is a very small line chart, typically drawn without axes or coordinates. It presents the general shape of the variation (typically over time) in some measurement, such as temperature or stocks, in a simple and highly condensed way.
Use Sparklines in a dashboard to show trends in a series of values, such as seasonal increases or decreases, economic cycles, or to highlight maximum and minimum values.
How to Install and Configure the Extension
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the "Sparkline" widget should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 - Create the "Sparkline" Widget
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the "Sparkline" from the drop down list. For this you will need to specify the Dimensions, Values and optional reference line. You are able to setup 3 sparklines in the same widget.
For the below example, we have added the following: Dimension from "Months in OrderDate" field, "Value" fields: Total Quantity, Total Customers & Total Sales. We also added the corresponding values for reference values.
As a result, the above Sparkline widget will create 3 Sparkilnes showing the minimum value of each line on the right side, the Total Value on the left and a reference line as a dotted red line.
The widget also offers the following design options:
- Interpolate Method– this can be set to Basis or Linear
- Show Value Label– toggle on/off displaying a value at the right end of each sparkline based on the selected settings (Last, Fist, Min, Max, Avg)
- Show Total Value – toggle on/off displaying the total value of all items on the sparkline located on the top left corner for each sparkiline
- Show Reference Line – toggle on/off displaying a reference line for each sparkline
- Title and Metric Location - set the location of where the Title and Metric will be displayed (Top or Bottom)
– Initial release
– Fix Title being cutoff at the top in some browsers, and add the option to control where the Title & Metric will be displayed (Top or Bottom)
– Fix export to PDF
-- Support of v7
-- Add IE support
– Fix styler controls for version 7.x
Please sign in to leave a comment.