How to Install and Configure the Extension
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the "Filter Buttons" widget should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 - Create the your Buttons
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the "Filter Buttons" option from the drop down list. You should see a panel on the left for you to add in some buttons. Click on the plus sign, then click on the function button.
Now in the widget editor, find the field you wish to use as the filter and click on the settings icon towards the right of the field. This settings menu should contain an option for Filter, which you can use to define how your filter works. You can add a single field to filter on, or you can add multiple comma separated filter fields.
Click the OK button when your filter is ready, and the button should show up in the widget editor. You can change the label and color of the button by using the design panel on the left. The label and color might not update until you add a new button or navigate back to the dashboard. The widget also offers the following design options:
- Clear All Filters - Removes all existing dashboard filters, before adding the selection
- Add/Union - Leaves any other dashboard filters, and only adds the selection
- Alignment – This widget uses the popular flexbox CSS setting, so this property lets you adjust the justify-content CSS attribute.
- Only items added as filters through the formula window will be converted to buttons. Any aggregations or dimension lists without filters will be ignored.
- V1.0 (2017-10-25) – Initial release
- V1.1 (2018-01-19) - added scrolling when displaying too many buttons, added an undo option that will undo the filter selection if you click the same button twice
- V1.2 (2018-06-07) - added an underline for selected buttons
Please sign in to leave a comment.