This article explains how to create a trellis chart using Sisense. This is helpful for showing a dynamic number of charts, based on your data
The following steps will walk through the process of adding the new chart type and creating a sample trellis chart.
STEP 1 - ADD THE PLUGIN
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server.
STEP 2 - CREATE THE CHART
On your dashboard, create a new widget and select Trellis as the type. Fill in the panel items based on the descriptions below.
- axis - For each chart, use this dimension for the axis or category. You can leave this empty, when displaying indicators
- value - The metric to use for drawing the charts. If no color value is supplied, the chart colors come from this item
- color - Optional panel, in case you want to color the charts by a different metric than the value.
- split by - This panel is how you get multiple charts. If your dimension has 4 unique members, the widget will build 4 charts.
STEP 3 - FORMAT THE CHART
This visualization has several formatting options, see below for a description of each.
- Chart Size - A slider control that allows determines how big to make each chart.
- Chart Type - Determines what kind of visualization should be created
- Label Location - Where to place the the Split By label (pie chart only allows for top/bottom, and this is not applicable for Number chart types)
- Value Axis - Decide whether to show more details on the chart (Not applicable for Number chart types)
- Aspect Ratio - Depending on the chart type, you may want to use a different aspect ratio (1:1 for pie, 16:9 for bar, etc)
- When displaying indicator as the chart type, if you include an axis dimension only the first result will be displayed.
- UPDATE Dec 7, 2017 - Changed the renderer to Highcharts for easier formatting of charts. Also added in column/bar charts as additional types.
- There is a known issue with exporting to PDF, we will update the post when it is resolved.
- Version 1.1: Added line chart as a new option, fixed alignment issue when using long titles, added vertical scrolling when the widgets don't fit
Please sign in to leave a comment.