This article explains how to change the location of the ElastiCube data folder. By default, ElastiCubes will be stored in C:\ProgramData\Sisense\PrismServer\ElastiCubeData. Many customers prefer to use a secondary drive to store ElastiCubes.
Note: This process will change the location for both the Desktop ECM and the Web ECM (ECM 2.0).
There are two main procedures you will need to walk through in order to apply this change.
Change the location where future ElastiCubes are saved
1. Open the ElastiCube Server Console
2. Click the server preferences button on the top of the console. (cog icon)
3. By clicking 'browse', change the 'default server data folder' to the location you require for future ElastiCubes to be built in.
Change the location that current ElastiCubes are pointing to
1. Copy the ElastiCube folders (entire folders, not just the components) you would like to move in the following folder: C:\ProgramData\SiSense\PrismServer\ElastiCubeData
Note: Since the ProgramData folder is generally hidden, type %programdata% in the file browser
2. Paste the files in the new location of your choosing
3. Open the ElastiCube Server Console
4. Detach each ElastiCube you would like to re-point
5. Click the attach ElastiCube folder button (looks like a chain with a plus sign)
6. Find the copied ElastiCube folder and hit OK
7. Repeat steps 4-6 as necessary (entire folders, not just the components)
Additional Note on Accumulative Builds
When performing accumulative builds, Sisense will save temporary copies of the ElastiCube being built in C:\ProgramData\Sisense\PrismServer\Patches.
To change this to another location, take the following steps:
1. Open C:\ProgramData\Sisense\PrismServer\ElastiCubeConfiguration.xml in a text editor
2. On a new line immediately preceding the ElastiCubeConfiguration tag, add the following text:
(D:\ points to the new Patches location and is customizable)
3. Restart the ElastiCubeManagementService
Please sign in to leave a comment.