*This plugin is officially supported by Sisense. You can find the latest version of this plugin on the Sisense Add-Ons page.
This article explains how to import a Funnel Chart from D3 as a plugin in Sisense.
Funnel charts are a common way to show a process, with the most prevalent example being a sales funnel. It displays the number of leads, qualified leads, opportunities, and won deals. See the referenced wiki page on funnel charts for more information.
The following steps will walk through the process of adding the new chart type and creating a sample funnel chart.
Step 1 - Add the Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the funnel chart should show up in the list of options
Step 2 - Create the Chart
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the Funnel Chart from the chart types menu. There are two ways to use this chart. You can either pick a dimension to use as categories, or you can add multiple values. If you pick a dimension, each member in the dimension will get its own section of the funnel.
If you add multiple values, each value will have its own section of the funnel.
Step 3 - Format the Chart
There are a few formatting options available for this chart, listed below.
- Invert Chart - If true, the chart is flipped upside down.
- Dynamic Sizing - If true, the size of each section corresponds to the value for that section, so larger values will result in bigger sections.
- Pinch the Bottom - If true, it makes the last section of the chart a rectangle so that the funnel looks skinnier at the bottom.
- Curved Funnel - If true, the funnel is rendered as a 3D funnel
- D3 Funnel Chart - GitHub project that this chart is based off
- Funnel Chart Wikipedia
- UPDATED 11/12/2015 - This plugin has been updated to work with special characters
- UPDATED 04/22/2015 - This plugin has been updated to allow users to click on it to set filters. This option requires the Widget Affects Dashboard Filters option to be set and works only when using a dimension with a value (not with multiple values)
- UPDATED 07/05/2016 - Modified to work with changing code in v6.4
- UPDATED 07/23/2017 -
- Fixed several existing issues with funnel charts:
- Now zero are handled normally - they take minimal amount of space, so that label have enough space
- “Suppress Zeros” added to design panel which lets user to hide/show zeros on funnel charts
- Negative values are treated as they were zeros
- Fixed existing issue with categories that has dots in their names
Please sign in to leave a comment.