Download: Gantt Chart
Note: In January 2019, we're happy to announce that our Professional Services team developed a supported Gantt Chart plugin. Check it out in the Sisense Marketplace! If you're interested in this plugin, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager for more information.
This post explains how to import a gantt chart plugin that functions dynamically as part of Sisense dashboards.
Gantt charts are a common tool to plan & visualize tasks and resources over time.
It is used in layout deliverables in project management, for scheduling production processes, employee scheduling and other duration oriented resources usage management.
Step 1 - Add the plugin to your sisense installation
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. You may also have to restart the web server. N
Now, when you create a new widget the gantt chart should show up in the list of options
Step 2 - Create the Chart
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration.
Select the Gantt chart from the chart type menu.
Pick 1 or 2 dimensions to use as your Y-axis, such as task ID and task owner
Select the start date and end date fields
Add a metric value, such as complexity or progress numeric indicator (mandatory field)
- Optionally, you may add up to 3 additional metric fields for details (shown in a tooltip)
- Once you add the aforementioned fields, hit apply
- In order to render the chart, you must select 1 or more items, a start and end date, and a value for coloring
- When selecting start-end dates, make sure the start date is placed before the end date (order is important) and that the date granularity is defined correctly (days, months Etc)
- ** 6/6/2016 Plugin was updated to support V 6.2.5
- ** 10/4/2016 Plugin was updated to support V 6.4.2 and now allows more formatting options
- ** 12/12/2016 - Fix for export to PDF in V6.5
Post is closed for comments.