Download: Gantt Chart
This post explains how to import a gantt chart plugin that functions dynamically as part of Sisense dashboards.
Gantt charts are a common tool to plan & visualize tasks and resources over time.
It is used in layout deliverables in project management, for scheduling production processes, employee scheduling and other duration oriented resources usage management.
Step 1 - Add the plugin to your sisense installation
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. You may also have to restart the web server. N
Now, when you create a new widget the gantt chart should show up in the list of options
Step 2 - Create the Chart
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration.
Select the Gantt chart from the chart type menu.
Pick 1 or 2 dimensions to use as your Y-axis, such as task ID and task owner
Select the start date and end date fields
Add a metric value, such as complexity or progress numeric indicator (mandatory field)
- Optionally, you may add up to 3 additional metric fields for details (shown in a tooltip)
- Once you add the aforementioned fields, hit apply
- In order to render the chart, you must select 1 or more items, a start and end date, and a value for coloring
- When selecting start-end dates, make sure the start date is placed before the end date (order is important) and that the date granularity is defined correctly (days, months Etc)
- ** 6/6/2016 Plugin was updated to support V 6.2.5
- ** 10/4/2016 Plugin was updated to support V 6.4.2 and now allows more formatting options
- ** 12/12/2016 - Fix for export to PDF in V6.5
Please sign in to leave a comment.