Download: Custom Filter
This article explains how to create custom filters as a plugin in Sisense.
Sisense comes with a set of native/robust filter options, but these are always displayed on the right side of the dashboard. If you wanted to create your own set of custom filters, this plugin shows an example for how this could look.
The following steps will walk through the process of adding the plugin and creating a custom filter.
Step 1 - Add the Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now when you create a new widget, FILTER should show up in the list of options
Step 2 - Create the Filter
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select Filter from the chart types menu. Pick a dimension you want to filter against, and you should see a filter menu displayed.
By default, the items that show up in the menu will be filtered by any dashboard filters that are set. If you want to ignore certain filters, make sure to disable the dashboard filter from the widget editor's Filters pane (see the City filter above)
Back on the dashboard, you can use the new filter menu to make selection and the filters will be added automatically to the dashboard. This works whether you are showing the filters pane or not, and with embedded solutions.
- This plugin supports only text-based filter dimensions
- All formatting/styling is handled through CSS, so if you want to customize it just modify the file widget.css
- The HTML generated for the menu is defined in widget-template.html
- UPDATED 2016-05-03: This plugin has been updated to work with dependent filters
- UPDATED May 16th, 2016: This plugin has been updated to work with date dimensions
- UPDATED July 5th, 2016: Modified to work with v6.4
- UPDATED Oct 17th, 2016: This plugin has been updated to resolve several issues.
- Display on mobile/tablet devices has been adjusted to take up less screen real estate.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes clicking on the No Selection option would not update the dashboard.
- Fixed an issue where stacking multiple dropdowns on top of each other resulted in an overlapped display.
- Numeric data types are now supported, previously this worked as long as you specified a format for the number. Now this works regardless of having a number format
- Added an option to determine what happens when users make selections. When set to true, the filter will display the entire list of options instead of being sliced down to only what the user selected.
- UPDATED March 24, 2017 - Included an option to specify whether or not to include the "No Selection" button.
- UPDATED May 18, 2017 - Fixed for version 6.6, and added an option to sort by a different field
- Dropdown Menu Reference - The dropdown menu used in this plugin came from example 3 on this site
Please sign in to leave a comment.