Download: Custom Highchart
This article explains how to import a zoomable line chart from Highcharts as a plugin in Sisense.
If you go to http://www.highcharts.com/demo, there are dozens of examples of how to implement Highcharts visualizations. This example provides an example directly from their sample website, along with some formatting options.
The following steps will walk through the process of adding the new chart type and creating a sample funnel chart.
Step 1 - Add the Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the chart should show up in the list of options
Step 2 - Create the Chart
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the Custom Highchart from the chart types menu. There are two ways to use this chart. You can either pick a numeric aggregation to use as a dimension, or you can pick a datetime to use as a dimension. If you pick a datetime dimension, then you will get a continuous timeline view of the data.
If you add a numeric dimension, each data point will display in a linear fashion. You can also add in multiple data series to display in this chart.
Step 3 - Format the Chart
There are a few formatting options available for this chart, listed below.
- Chart Type - You can choose between a line chart or area chart.
- Legend - If enabled, a legend will be displayed.
- X-Axis Label - If enabled, it shows the label for the x-axis.
- Markers - If enabled, it shows the markers for each data point
- Line Step - If enabled, the lines connecting data points are shown flat across (like the screenshots above)
- Highcharts Time Series Zoomable - Highcharts demo that this chart is based of
- UPDATE: July 5, 2016 - Modified to work with code changes in v6.4
- UPDATE July 19th, 2016 - Added ability to use a Break By to split the values, and an option to group the tooltips on hover (useful when showing many series and/or a break by)
- UPDATE: Jan 24, 2017 - There was an issue with how the plugin was uploaded to the community
Please sign in to leave a comment.