Input Parameters Plugin (version 2)

Comments

44 comments

  • Avatar
    Elizabeth Wang

    Hi David,

    I am having the same issue.  Are they still working on it?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    David Oyler

    Hi Elizabeth - yes. It was determined that there is a bug in the API call to elasticubes/metadata and this plugin uses that. If you try any of the the calls that have elasticubes/metadata in the path, you'll see the failure. Unfortunately since it's a bug it seems it will have to be part of a release so I have no idea when that will be fixed. Until then we are holding off on upgrading to 7.2 as it seems that is where the issue started for us.

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Hymavathi Munagala

    does it still take time? If not, is there a way to downgrade sisense to previous version?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    David Oyler

    This will tentatively be fixed in version 7.3.2 with a target release of around the end of Jan. None of that is set in stone, but that's the goal.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Sharon Morad

    Hi David,

    My version is 7.1.2 and I also have a problem with the plugin - I don't know if it related to the API call to elasticubes/metadata.

    My problem is that idon'tnt recognize the syntax [@p1.value] - the error is: 

    Do you know what caused it?

    Thanks.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    David Oyler

    Sharon - I believe the "p" needs to be upper case - [@P1.value]

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Sharon Morad

    Hi David,

    But up until now its work with p with low case. something has been changed lately?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Oleg Fil

    The plugin has been updated with a fix for Sisense v7.2 and v7.3. Also now it allows to store parameters between sessions

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    JJ Chritton (Edited )

    We are on version 7.1.3 of sisense and just ugpraded to the most recent version of the parameters plugin so we could take advantage of the option to save user entered settings. However, I'm seeing a new error that says "The widget is trying to use fields from two tables that aren't connected in the Easlticube." This wasn't an issue in previous versions of the plugin.

    There is no need for the parameters table to be connected to the other fields in the elasticube because there is only one value. Is there a way around this error other than creating a false link between the parameters table and the other data?

    EDIT: The original parameter widget disappeared with the upgrade to the new plugin version, so I recreated it and it seems to work fine now.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Ian Emmons

    Saving user input is really nice, but it's very confusing that the parameters widget still shows the default value.

    Here's an example. I have a dashboard with the parameter widget and an indicator showing its value.

    If I update the param to 3, the indicator updates:

    Now when I refresh the dashboard, I can tell that the value of 3 saved, but I also see the default value of 1 in the parameters widget. This is misleading.

    This is version 7.1.3.15004

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    JJ Chritton (Edited )

    It seems like the parameter widget does not work well with PDF exports. When we are using the parameter plugin on a dashboard, trying to export the dashboard to PDF causes the application to spin for a long time, and then fail with this blank message box. We're on Sisense version 7.1.3 and are using the latest version of the parameter plugin. 

    I should note that we have tested this in an environment where the only plugin enabled was the parameter plugin, so it does not appear to be related to a plugin interaction issue. 

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    John Moran

    I am getting this error since we upgraded to v7.4 "Type mismatch. Expected type: 'Numeric Expression'. Actual type: 'Dimension'."

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Sven Willenberger

    This seems to have stopped working in 7.4: I have a liquid fill gauge that uses the input parameters widget/value to determine the max value; If I hard-code the max value the gauge displays but if I use the [@TargetGrowth.value] parameter to set the value, the liquid gauge displays the yellow exclamation mark of death instead. Nothing has changed since I first used the widget back in February other than Sisense version bumping up to 7.4

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    John Moran

    This seems to be the same issue on v7.4.  The only solution at present, seems to be to downgrade the version of Sisense.

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.