Download: Sankey Widget
This article explains how to import a multi-level Sankey Diagram from D3 as a plugin in Sisense.
Sankey Diagrams are useful for showing relationships between different data points. There is an older Sankey digram plugin, but it only supports one level. This plugin allows you to specify as many levels are you like. The above screenshot shows how this could be used to show data flowing from various source systems to Elasticubes, Tables, and then to dashboards. When you hover over a node in the diagram, all related nodes are highlighted for you.
The following steps will walk through the process of adding the new chart type and creating a sample funnel chart.
Step 1 - Add the Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the Sankey chart should show up in the list of options
Step 2 - Create the Chart
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the Sankey from the chart types menu. For this chart you need to specify the fields to use for the ID and Label for each level of the diagram. For the above example, you would specify the ID of each data source, Elasticube, Table, & Dashboard in the NODE IDS panel and then the label/name of each data source, Elasticube, Table, & Dashboard in the NODE LABELS panel. Then pick a metric (like # of uses or data size) for use in the VALUES panel.
- D3 Sankey Diagram - GitHub project that this chart is based off
- UPDATED: July 5, 2016 - Made a change to support code changes starting in v6.4
- UPDATED: Oct 13, 2016 - Updated to allow for identical values at different levels. For example, if you are using productId and categoryId as part of this visualization there could be products with the same ID value as categories. This threw an error in the previous version, but this update accounts for this overlap
- UPDATED: May 18, 2017 - Updated to work with version 6.6
- UPDATED: July 4, 2017 - Made changes to support correct links highlight with multiple sankey widgets on dashboard
- UPDATED: Sep 7, 2017 - Updated to resolve an issue when using multiple sankey widgets in the same dashboard as well as adding an option for hiding nodes with a value of "N\A"
Please sign in to leave a comment.