Download: Tile Widget Plugin
This article explains how to setup the Tile Widget plugin in Sisense.
The Tile widget will allow users to display the following information after creating a series of values:
- First element of the series
- Choose a target (First, Average, Min or Max) to compare with the first element
- Show the variance value as Difference or Percent
- Sparkline of the series
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the "Tile" should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 - Create a Tile Widget
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the "Tile" plugin from the drop down list. For the Tile Widget you will need to specify the Dimension, Values and optional Target value. The Values and Target fields allow user to configure its color and number formatting.
For the below example we selected the dimension to be Months and values to be Counts of ID's.
There plug-in also offer the following design option:
- Target - will set the value of the target field. Can be None, First, Average, Minimum, or Maximum. Please note that if the Target field has been selected then this option will be disabled
- Target Label - can set the text of the Target Label
- Variance Calculation - will set if the variance will be calculated as Difference or % Growth
- Icon - will specify the up/down arrow next to the variance value
- Sparkline Y Axis - will specify if to show the Y Axis of the Sparkline
- Auto resizing of the widget will not work properly on low resolution screens
- The Sparkline will be hidden automatically if the size of the widget get too small to fit the Sparkline
- 05-18-2017 - Fix to work with 6.6.1 release
- 11-14-2017 - Fix a few of the resizing issues
Please sign in to leave a comment.