This project is for a Sisense plugin, which generates a new widget type for point to point routing using MapboxGL. This map takes a series of origins and destinations (as lat/long), and draws lines connecting them on the map.
The following steps will walk through the process of adding the new chart type and creating a sample map.
STEP 1 - ADD THE PLUGIN
Download the attached .zip file, and extract it to the following path "[Sisense installation path]\PrismWeb\Plugins".
If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder.
STEP 2 - GET YOUR MAPBOX API TOKEN
Open the included file, config.js, and add your mapbox API token in the apiToken setting. For more information on how to obtain a mapbox token, please use the following links
STEP 3 - CREATE THE WIDGET
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select Route Map from the dropdown. In the data tab, there are several panels for adding data.
- Origin Latitude*: The latitude field for the starting point (must be a number)
- Origin Longitude*: The longitude field for the starting point (must be a number)
- Destination Latitude*: The latitude field for the ending point (must be a number)
- Destination Longitude*: The longitude field for the ending point (must be a number)
- Route Label**: If used, this is the label that will show up within the tooltip for each point
- Value***: One or more measures to calculate per point. The first value added is also used to determine the coloring of the points
**Required for filtering
***Minimum 1 Required
STEP 4 - COLORING
The color of each line is based on the first value's color. You can select a single color, a range of color values, or a conditional color. All other values' colors will be used for tooltip coloring.
STEP 5 - FORMATTING
Basemap: This is the background to use for each widget. We've included the default public map styles, but you can add to this by editing the config.js file. For more information on creating your own basemaps, check out Mapbox's documentation site
Line Type: You can choose between straight and curved lines
Line Width: How thick each line appears
Bounding Box Padding: This map will automatically fit itself based on the provided origin/destinations. This setting allows you to control how much spacing is added around this calculated bounding box
STEP 6 - USING THE WIDGET
- You can you your mouse to drag across the map, to pan across your data
- Double clicking on the map zooms in, and you can also use the scroll wheel of your mouse
- In order to make filter selections, you must specify a Route Label. Once you add this, the map will allow users to click on a route to make a selection.
- A reset button will also appear if a Route Label has been added.
- This sample has been confirmed working on Sisense version 7.0.1, and should be backwards compatible with previous version.
- There is a known limitation with this plugin, as it does not support export to PDF
- This plugin has been tested with up to 3000 routes, it is not recommended to show more than 3000 routes at the same time
- Last Updated: May 8, 2018
Please sign in to leave a comment.