Download: 3D Scatter Plot
This article explains how to install and configure the 3D Scatter Plot plugin as seen below.
3D scatter plots are used to plot data points on three axes in the attempt to show the relationship between three variables. A fourth variable can be set to correspond to the color or size of the markers, thus adding yet another dimension to the plot.
Use 3D Scatter Plot to represent relationship between 3 dimensions. The below example demonstrate the relationship between s Sale Person, Categories, and Total Quantity Sold. We also added a fourth dimension to set the marker size based on Total Amount Sold.
How to Install and Configure the Extension
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the "3D Scatter Plot" widget should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 - Create the "3D Scatter Plot" Widget
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the "3D Scatter Plot" from the drop down list. For this you will need to specify the X-Axis and Y-Axis, Z-Axis dimension, and Size (optionally).
For the below example, we have added the following: X-Axis from “Full Name”, Y-Axis from “Category Name”, Z-Axis from “Total Quantity” and Size from “Total Sales”.
As a result, the above 3D Scatter Plot created a 3D matrix of Sale Person to Category to Total Quantity (sorted ascending) with the size of each marker based on the Total Sales value.
The widget also offers the following design options:
- X-Axis – sets the values for the X-Axis labels
- Y-Axis - sets the values for the Y-Axis labels
- Z-Axis - sets the values for the Z-Axis labels
- Size – set the size of each marker (currently it will create 8 bin between the min/max values and will associate each marker accordingly)
- Marker Color – this can be set using the color options dialog box via the Size Parameter and can be Single Color, Range or Conditional. If no size is specified, the widget will be set to Single Color mode and will use the first color of the active palette.
Sorting – the plugin by default will not apply any sorting to any of the axis. The user can specify the sorting on each axis by using the sorting option as seen below:
- Show Tooltips – allow the user to show/hide tooltips for the select marker
- Gridlines – show/hide gridlines in the plot area
- Background Color – allow to switch between default to Dark background
- The plot area can be rotated by clicking and dragging the mouse
- There is a known limitation with this plugin, as it does not support export to PDF and in some browser export to image will fail
- The plugin filter behavior is Slice/Filter
- There plugin doesn’t support clicking on data point to filter
- 15-May-2018– Initial release
Please sign in to leave a comment.