Download: Variable Pie Chart
This article explains how to install and configure the Variable Pei Chart plugin as seen below. A variable pie chart is a circular chart divided into Sectors (categories) which are proportional to the quantity or volume they represent
Use a Variable Pie Chart to represent a comparison between 2 metrics. The below example demonstrate Quantity Sold broken down to the various Categories where the radius of each slice is amount sold
How to Install and Configure the Extension
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the "Variable Radius Pie" widget should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 - Create the "Variable Radius Pie" Widget
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the "Variable Radius Pie" from the drop down list. For this you will need to specify the Categories, Value and Radius.
The widget also offers the following design options:
- Categories - set the value for the Category field
- Value– set the value to calculate for each Category
- Radius - set the secondary value to calculate for each Category that will set the radius of each slice of the pie
- Labels - will Show/Hide pie lables
- Tooltip- will show/hide Toolstip
- Clicking on a slice of the pie will set\update dashboard filter for the specific Category field (you can make multiple selection by holding the ctrl key while making selection)
- When making multiple selection using the CTRL key, each selection will generate a refresh event to the dashboard
- There is no support for slice/;highlight filter type
- 01-Aug-2018– Initial release
- 04-Sep-2018 - Fix "Clear Filter" button appearing twice in some cases
Please sign in to leave a comment.