Download: Dynamic Dim/Value Chart
This article explains how to install and configure the Dynamic Dim/Value Chart plugin as seen below. The Dynamic Dim/Value chart allow Dashboard designers to predefine multiple dimension and/or values providing viewers the ability to switch dimensions/values on-the-fly.
Use a Dynamic Dim/Value Chart to provide user with multiple views of the data that can be easily switched.
How to Install and Configure the Extension
Step 1 - Add The Plugin
Download the attachment and unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins\ folder. If you are using version 7.2 and higher unzip the contents into your C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\ folder. If the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create it. After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server. Now, when you create a new widget the "Dynamic Dim Chart" widget should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 - Create the "Dynamic Dim Chart" Widget
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the "Dynamic Dim Chart" from the drop down list. For this you will need to specify the Dimensions and Values.
The widget also offers the following design options:
- Chart Type - toggle chart type (Column, Bar, or Line)
- Dimensions - set up the multiple dimension (up to 6)
- Values– set up the multiple Values (up to 6)
- Tooltip- will show/hide Toolstip
- Show Current Dimension – Show/Hide which dimension/value are the active one
- Show Grid Line – Show/Hide grid lines
Set Default Dimension – in the widget editor, clicking on the either the dimension or value field menu will allow designer to set which one will be the default dimension or value to be displayed
- There is no support for dill-in functionality
- The widget supports both Slice/Filter and Highlight filtering type
- The widget support the ability to set dashboard filter by clicking or highlighting columns
- Switching dimension or values is done via right clicking on a specific bar and selecting either dimension or value to change from the dropdown menu
- 30-Aug-2018– Initial release
- 12-Sep-2018 - Add support for Bar and Line chart types
Please sign in to leave a comment.