Supported Sisense Version: -7.2
Plugin Version: 1.0
Last updated: 03/01/2019
- Datetime values within the elaticube tables are stored in UTC
- "List", which allows the selection of one or more individual days, weeks, months, quarters, or years
- "Calendar", which allows the selection of a continguous date range
- "Time Frame", which allows the selection of a variety of time frames relevant to the current day (e.g. Last 7 days, Next Week)
How it works:
When the user's browser loads a dashboard or widget, each widget queries the Sisense server to retrieve the appropriate data to display. Part of this query includes any widget/dashboard filters that are currently active. This plugin intercepts these queries and looks for any filters with the type of 'datetime'. The filters are then transformed to account for what the UTC offset of the user's own timezone is for that particular date in the year (i.e. offsets can be different for dates within daylight savings time).
How the filters are transformed
- Calendar (date range) filter: The 'from' and 'to' datetime value are time-shifted by the appropriate number of minutes, based on the user's timezone offset.
- List filter: Each 'member' in the list is converted to a time-shifted date range filter, and collected together in a group of filters that are evaluated using 'or' logic (i.e. if a value falls within any of the date ranges, it is considered a match for the overall filter).
- Time Frame filter: The filter is converted to a time-shifted date range filter.
- This plugin does not modify any datetimes that are displayed in the widget itself. It only modifies the query filters.
- When a widget is filtering on a datetime column at the same time that its parent dashboard is filtering on that same datetime column, it can trigger a 500 error ("An item with the same key has already been added") and the widget won't display.
2. Extract the `.zip` file to your Sisense plugins folder
3. Refresh your dashboard
Unfortunately I cannot offer support for this plugin at this time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.