I experienced some issues when attempting to set up the Dremio ODBC connector for Sisense and wanted to share my experience to make things easier for other users.
- In case you don't know already you can download the Dremio ODBC drivers here: https://www.dremio.com/drivers/
- Information for configuring the driver can be found here: https://docs.dremio.com/drivers/dremio-connector.html
- When connecting in Sisense I got an error when trying to use the DSN option. I was only able to connect by 'Connection String' based on the format found here: https://www.connectionstrings.com/dsn/
- I was now able to add the tables but running the query returned an error " ERROR [HY000] [Dremio][Connector] (1040) Dremio failed to execute the query". This error was due to Sisense putting  around the table names in the query.
- The error was fixed by going into Elasticube/Change Connectivity Settings and selecting 'Manual Query Input' which replaced the square brackets with double quotes "".
The connection seems to work fine now. Good luck!
Please sign in to leave a comment.