Issue: Widget displays yellow error sign and you cannot modify it or delete.
Cause: In most cases, such issue can occur in case you disabled the plugin that makes this widget or the plugin is outdated/broken etc.
In order to remove the broken widget, you need to find it's OID first.
1. Open web developer console by pressing the right mouse button and choose "Inspect" from pop-up menu or by pressing combination ctrl+shift+I (Google Chrome)
2. In the development console switch to the console menu
3. in the console menu type next command
and press enter
4. Now you should able to see the list of widgets on your dashboard,
5. Find the OID of your broken widget and copy it in a buffer (define the broken widget by widget title, or by order count, the widget numeration starts from top-left widget on your dashboard)
6. on your dashboard open (press on a pencil button) any widget that works, and in the address bar insert your broken widget OID afer /widgets/ so the link will look like
where 5d1cad49f179dc0d48f17d68 is the OID of the broken widget
and press enter.
7. now you are able to modify your widget, please change the type of the widget to, for example, indicator and apply changes
8. now you are able to delete the widget.
Please sign in to leave a comment.