Download: Custom Chart Options
Created Oct-23-2019 by Steve Lewis (thanks to code re-used from Elliott Herz's Custom Bar/Column chart plugin)
Current Version: V1.0.0
Tested on Sisense Version: V184.108.40.20612
Sisense allows a certain level of chart customisation via the user interface out of the box.
However, it's also possible to use the Highcharts API to make additional changes
'edit script' panels of widgets.
But - this requires some developer skills, and isn't so convenient for updating multiple properties at the same time.
This plugin offers a user interface to be able to edit, preview and save a custom chart configuration (Json document) that follows the Highcharts API documentation
It includes and uses an open source Json Editor
1) Unzip contents and copy plugin folder to /<sisense_plugins_folder/customChartOptions (e.g. C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\customChartOptions on windows deployments)
2) Create/Edit a compatible widget (Bar, Column, Line, Area, Pie)
3) Activate "Custom Options" toggle on the Design Panel and click the 'Edit Custom Configuration' button.
4) Click the 'Example Config' and then 'Save & Preview' buttons to see an example of customising a chart. Use the Json Editor user interface and Highcharts API Documentation to customise the chart settings as desired.
5) Chart configuration is saved to each widget, and merged with the other chart options applied by Sisense as the chart is drawn. Therefore you only need to specify those things you want to change, not the entire chart options.
Quick demo using the plugin:
1) It's likely possible for some strange combinations e.g. choosing a bar chart in Sisense, then changing to a line chart via the custom options.
2) To be discovered
Please sign in to leave a comment.